Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SOOOOoooo....

I have too much on my plate.

It's not life shattering stuff like studying for the BAR (golden child) or even taking night classes while working and raising 3 kids (Some wonder-woman marathon runner out there)....It's stupid stuff like golf with the girls and having a BBQ and going to FL for the wknd to see my other girls
(Holla!).

.....Which, for the record, what makes "my stuff" not as important or meaningful?

Is it because hanging out and being social isn't considered making the most of ones life?

Is it that anyone can be friendly or tell a story and it's not really considered a skill? Is it that I'm not really giving anything up to be social? That there's no real sacrifice?

Well F that!

It does take a lot to be social. I don't even really like PEOPLE. They normally drive me crazy.

And it is a skill.....Try being trapped in a meeting with someone that's uuuber boring or has bad breath....You want to kill yourself.

It's my community service to make a party fun.

To be a good listener.

To have lonely souls over for fondue.

It's my spiritaul gift to "be a good time" (And not in a write-my-name-on-a-bathroom-stall kind of way).

So sue me.

And ...... I do give up a lot....a lot of down time that I could use to deep clean the bathroom and pursue ceramics and put on facial masks...which, would then slow my pre-mature aging.....
So for one, I'm giving up my dynamite looks to help you have a better weekend. A funny story. A meaningful summer memory.

Number two...I'm sacrificing money by not working long hours and making a ton of dough....That's right, I am sacrificing my fiscal stability because I know you don't want to watch the season premiere of the new 90210 all alone. For you I do this...For you. Not for me.
Because believe me, I would MUCH rather be cleaining our the fridge or learning CPR or re-wallpapering something.....But you need me.

This is my cross to bear.

My joke to make.

My cell phone to dial.

So next time you're all braggy and droppy about all of the corporate ladders your're climbing, plays you're writing, or furniture you're re-staining, just pipe it...because I'm doing important, life-enhancing things too. I just don't rub your face in all of the good times I'm creating for the dorks of the world.

And by dorks, I mean inner-dorks....not true dorks. That would be a little too selfless.

And let's face it, I'm not into that.

No comments: