Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I’m Just Saying.....

I have a lot to say. About quite a few things.

This always happens when I travel because there's always such great people watching.....ESP in airports.

Revision...ESP in airports In the SOUTH. It's just different there.

Where oh where do I start?

The kook that sat down next to me at Chilis?

Negative.

It would be weird to write about....you kind of had to be there. Plus, it's QUITE "un-PC" and I think the government is already tracking my blog anyway. (In case you don't know, I'm kind of a big deal around here).

The kid that asked for money for the bus and that whole quandry?

Maybe tomorrow.

The soldier coming home from Iraq...MMMMmmmmm....Yes.

That's the one. That's the one.

So I'm at my airport gate and the entire lobby bursts into applause. I, of course, turn around, ready to say, come on, these shoes aren't THAT CUTE, and instead see this soldier coming home all dressed in his uniform and his entire family there with signs and kids and babies and his wife is crying and everyone is clapping....I mean!

I had to literally bight the inside of my mouth not just to boo-hoo it out. True, I was tired and it had been "SOOOOME WKND", but just to see that was so......I don't know.

Emotional. Nice. Sad. Amazing.

Moving.

I could not take my eyes off of them. I wanted to see every moment of their reunion and crying and hugging and the kids and the dad and all of it.....And then I kind of started feeling like this creepy voyeur spying on an intimate family moment. But I could not not look away.
Everyone in the lobby was that way.

All feeling very American, and looking on all proud, which.....I mean...don't know why were all so proud....it's not like any of us had anything to do with it or had sent him packages or knew him.

I don't know. I just have to say that the whole thing gave me the goosers a little bit.

And believe me, this is not because I'm some big war supporter.....

Not saying I am. Not saying I'm not.

I just thought, geeze....if I ever sacrificed so much and walked off a plane and everyone burst into applause, I would just be a mess.

And so damn proud of myself.

I would. I really would.

And I wouldn't tell them to stop clapping either......I'd soak it all in and wave them on...more...more....I've been living in BFE, missing my family and friends and my favorite restaurant and doing a million push ups a day with no good TV and being scared, scared, scared.

BRING ON THE APPLAUSE! I deserve it.

What's the point? I don't know. I think you can figure it out.

All I'm saying is it's something when you're just reading "Franny and Zoey" at the airport and everyone bursts into applause for a soldier.

I'm just saying.

No comments: