Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It's High Time

We bring back glamour!

And glitz.

And long-gloves and nice table manners.

AND Jell-o molds!

What ever happened to shaped jello bearing mandarin oranges on top of a bed of lettuce?

Nothing says I'm excited to see you QUITE like a jell-o mold.
Except for ironed sheets.

But unless you are an overnight guest, you won't even know the sheets are ironed....so that kind of loses it's punch if you're only staying for dinner.

Sooooo, when trying to impress, or let someone know we are VERY happy to see them, we are left with the jell-o mold or a very well set table. And I mean WELL SET! None of this knives pointed outward business.

I want napkin oragami and personal salt shakers people!

When was the last time you went to someone's house and the table was set and everyone sat down and passed the food and had great conversation instead of "the big game" blaring from the other room?

That's what I thought.

When was the last time you ate off of china? Or drank out of Crystal glasses....And no, weddings and Christmas do not count.

No they do not.
This is my blog and these are my rules.

Have we gotten so engrossed in back to school nonsense and corporate bail-outs, blackberries, fast-food lunch, and fantasy football, that we have skipped out on Charisma and finesse?

Nay I say.

I say Nay.

I am bringing back the era of the Fitzgerald's! (F. Scott and Zelda......which, p.s. don't you just LOVE the name ZELDA?!)

Women, get out your heels, yes the high ones, and gloss up those lips. Bat an eyelash. Wear a to die for over-sized hat.

Men, open a door for crying out loud. Carry her bag......Bring home some flowers AND chocolates. Flash those gorgeous teeth! Say the word "attache".

Love it.

Everyone, have a martini at lunch...WITH blue cheese stuffed olives. AND go dancing....fancy dancing....none of this dropping it like it's hot.

Go crazy. Bust out in your three-piece suit.

Order snails and smoke cigars and go to the ballet and insist on Champagne.

Send thank you notes when it's totally unnecessary.

Purchase calling cards. AND place cards.

Put your initials on everything.

Bring back the festivity. The ZING!

I need it.

And so do you.


YES you do!

This is my blog and I say you do!

2 comments:

AMGL said...

Here here. I agree.

Sharon said...

Steph - are you starting a movement - I feel it!! I'm with you 100% and as soon as I can quit working, I'm totally gonna be with you! :-)
Keep reminding us - I love it!