Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Writing with Mark Wahlborg

The new goal is to write at least 15 m inutes a day.

If one is trying to get in the habit or writing and opening up the windows of creativity, s/he is supposed to just write. Write whatever. Write gibble gobble. Just write...For 10 or 15 minutes.

I know this is a fact because Dr. Smith told me this in College and now he is a college president. So I mean, come on, he knows what he's talking about.

Good old Dr. Smith would not lead me astray.

I think he might now. But he certainly would not have then. He liked me then. I dont' think he likes me now but that's a whole nother deal and not for my public's ears....And by my public, I, of course, mean my sister, and 2 friends.

I really liked that class...Ginger and Roxanne were in it with me and I remember just writing, writing, writing, and I would just DIE with pride everytime something of mine got read aloud.
ESP if I was wearing a cute outfit that day.

It's funny how a little thing like getting an essay read in front of the class just means the whole world to you ..... even when your 21. I remember thinking...control yourself....don't smile so big....you look like a swooning idiot. Inside my heart was just bursting...BURSTING.

I litereally felt like I had won the Showcase Showdown or at least a date with Ralph Macchio.

Actually, in college, who would it have been a date with? Andrew Shue? I can't really even remember.

Marky Mark? That was the same year the Boogie Nights came out.....And man, was that movie a shock.

HOLY Mark Wahlberg and Roller Girl and just everything.

I was like...WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! And why am I watching it with everyone I know on a Friday afternoon. Let's please just all go to Gradys.

Side note, in my adult life, I actually met Mark when he was dating my friend Robin (Vance's ex) in LA...he was working on that movie about sailing or boating or something and had to get really skinny and would never eat and just smoked all the time and drank tons of water .... she eventually broke up with him because he is (gasp!) not a one-woman kind of guy. I personally think she should have stuck it out. But whatev.


Anyway, that's the new goal....15 minutes a day. AND it's supposed to be uninterrupted. But whatev. I'm going to do what I can do.

Until tomorrow..... At which time I will write about nothing again for 15 glorious minutes!

Looking forward to it.

No comments: